Translate

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Relaxing and Earning Money by Baking Bread

I found a recipe for baking sandwich bread from scratch that my family Loves.

(sorry the date on my camera is way off. I am not motivated enough to figure out how to fix it)

Every time I make it the first loaf is gone immediately, sliced and buttered. The kids start drooling when the smells start drifting out.

I found that baking bread is relaxing for me.

                                (yes another misdated photo, lol)

I later found that others loved my bread too. So now I sell it locally under the Texas Cottage Food Law. It allows me to make extra money selling locally without the hassle of the health department. I do have my food handlers permit though.

I offered the bread for sale on local facebook trade sites and now I have people messaging me wanting to know when I will be making more. One customer ordered one loaf the first time, two the second time, and four the next.

It makes me so happy that my relaxation technique can help my family out financially. Next I am going to see how my cupcakes go over.

Next month I am going to use the money made from the bread to take the kids out to the movies! We don't go very often due to the high prices. Taking my son Acheron for his birthday to a matinee cost me over $20.00.

What hobby or skill do you have that you could turn into an income producing adventure?

What would you use the extra money on?


No comments:

Post a Comment