Translate

Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Dream

I want to create a place similar in set up to a small college. I want it to be a place where people can come to learn life skills. Budgeting, cooking, Computers, interview skills and much more. I want to have living quarters for those that need a place to stay in case of job loss or kicked out. A place to gain skills and pull your self up to have the best chance in life you can with dignity. I want to have individual rooms so a family can stay together through the process and a daycare on site to help. I also want a cafeteria to provide food so all the people attending need to worry about is learning and the next step. So far my best guess on how to achieve this is to model it on the Salvation Army by having fundraisers and a store to help fund the venture. I am still working out the details on getting this out of my dreams and into reality but I Will figure this out.That will be legacy to be proud of.I think it is needed everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for you! You are so right Becca! This is something that is truly needed. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know! While I am not really in a position to help financially I can help in other ways.

    Take care and hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete