Translate

Monday, January 11, 2010

why moms get cranky

Why is it that our family's and men stop remembering us as someone to do for once we say I do and have a child? So many mothers forget they are first and forever women. I discovered this at 18 when I had my first child. Suddenly the holidays were now for the kids. Even though I bought my family and husband a gift no one thought to get one for me. Now I know to some that may sound selfish but its true. Even on my birthday no one does anything other than say happy birthday. When did I stop being an unique individual person and become only Mom? I still have my own interest and opinions. Someday my kids will move out. If I only embraced my Role as a mom then what will my role or purpose be when they grow up and leave the nest.I am stepping out of my mommy shell now and learning to have a life and identity separate. I am me. I have many roles in life but they all change and evolve as I gain knowledge and wisdom. My kids will move out just as I did and have lives of their own. My hope is to inspire and teach them that they are individuals who will play many roles but the one constant will be that they are unique unto themselves.I will start reminding my family that I am Me not just a mom or wife. Just because we marry and have kids does not mean you can forget to appreciate me. I still go out of my way to do things for you(favorite meals, getting you something you like just because).Please remember you are still a woman with idea's, interest and feelings outside your current roles. Then don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise. If others don't think to do for you then do it for yourself. Seeing you take care of yourself and maintaining your individual identity my inspire others to remember yours or their own or both.Do not let yourself be lost. You are all you have in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment